ALUMINUM STIRRUP CONNECTORS, developed by CONNECTOR PRODUCTS INC., are designed for connecting to Aluminum or Copper conductors. Stirrups are intended to product the main line conductor from damage and arcing as Hot Line clamps are connected and disconnected.
CPI Stirrup Connectors are extremely beneficial in applications that may need to be Disconnected.
During installation, when proper spring tension and torque is achieved, the Shear Head Bolt will break off giving the installer a positive indication of a correctly completed connection.
- Easy to remove and re-use without damaging the conductor.
- The Heavy Duty Tin Plated bail has a large loop to allow for multiple connecting positions.
- The Tin Plated bail eliminates galvanic reaction.
- Utilizes the industry-proven Wedge Connecting principle and is quick and easy to apply with a common socket or impact wrench. NO SPECIAL TOOLS.
- The “Spring-Like” qualities of the C-Body ensure permanent connection and maintains consistent pressure on the conductors.
- Installation time is quicker than conventional crimp-type or molded joints.
- Easily adaptable to standard hot-stick tools.
- High-conductivity grit type corrosion inhibitor is factory applied for ease of installation and longevity while the connector is in service.
- Remains permanently locked through fault current or power surges.
- May be used in non-corrosive environments to connect copper conductors.
- Excellent option for emergency restoration where outside crews might not have shooton or compression tooling.